In the recent past, advancement in the field of medicine and the multiplication of diseases had led to many specialized fields of medicine. The most common areas of specializations under Medicine field are as follows. Students who complete MBBS degree should get into any one of these master degree courses to have a successful medical career.
What is the difference between MS and MD?
MD is the p degree in general medicine.
MS is the post graduation in general surgery.
Some field requires more surgical studies and skills whereas some fields of medicine require only practice skills. There are also some post graduate courses which requires both. Students should carefully select the post graduation degree based on the interest.
- Gynecology – Women related diseases. Women anatomy differs from Man and childbirth makes this field quite significant among other. Women doctors are more interested in pursuing this specialization.
- Psychiatry – specialized in emotional and mood disorders such as schizophrenia. They should also be capable of handling anxiety disorders, stress, and depression.
- Pediatrics – Masters in handling babies and child up to teenage. Every maternity hospitals have pediatric to ensure the well-being of the babies after postnatal.
Popular specializations in MD & MS
Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Neurology and Anaesthesiology
Job Prospects for doctors
- Government Hospitals
- Private Medical Hospitals
- Clinics & Nursing Homes
- Health Department – Primary Health Centres
- Big Corporate Companies have doctors inside their campus during the general shift in order to treat their employees.
- The Large and rich family have doctors on request at their residence to deal with the family members of all ages. These doctors would be general physicians who treat general illness.
- MBA – With many private hospitals and pharmaceutical companies in India, the demand of doctors with MBA degree is increasing. The job prospects are very high and more importantly, the cost of doing MBA is much less compared to doing MD or MS degree after MBBS.