The Davao Medical School Foundation, Inc.
Established in 1976 with a Great Vision
The Davao Medical School Foundation, Inc. (DMSFI) was established in July 1976 in response to the recognition of the lack of doctors serving rural communities and lack of specialists in urban centers of Mindanao.
Its College of Medicine was thus the first such college to be set up in Mindanao and is dedicated to providing medical education and training of the highest order, leading to the provision of effective medical care in both rural and urban communities.
The basic medical education program of Davao Medical School Foundation takes four years to complete. Each academic year is divided into two semesters of at least eighteen weeks per semester, exclusive of registration and comprehensive examinations. The core contents of the Doctor of Medicine program are presented through organ systems integration with case-based discussions, starting with basic principles and theories of medicine that are taught in the first and second years, followed by clinical courses that begin early in the second semester of the second year and expand throughout the succeeding years. It is expected that at the end of the four year program, the student is able to demonstrate all the basic duties of a typical doctor.
The Davao Medical School Foundation, Inc. envisions healthy communities enjoying quality life.
- Forge strong partnership and networks with consortium members and other stakeholders in the areas of health and community development.
- Keep at pace with global developments in health sciences education and health care services.
Davao Medical School Foundation, Inc., inspired by the community orientation of the Founders, commits to:
- Provide humane and integral health sciences education and services with emphasis on primary health care in the complementation of instruction, research, patient, community health care and community engagement.
- Develop and nurture God-centered, competent, compassionate, ethical and socially responsive graduates, faculty, staff and health care providers
Medical School Dr, Poblacion District, Davao City, 8000 Davao del Sur, Philippines.
30 Lakhs – (Excluding food and accommodation)
Fee structure based on previous academic year it may vary based on the administrations decision.
- Students must clear their +2 exam with more than 50% of marks. The student must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Biology.
- For reserved category students the marks criteria of 10+2 is 40%.
- Students must have cleared NEET with Minimum Marks.
- The NEET qualifying marks will be published by the NTA every year.
- The student must have completed 17 years of age.
- 10th standard Marksheet
- 12th standard Marksheet
- Passport size photographs (at 10)
- Admission Letter
- Student Visa
- Covid-19 test report
- HIV test report
- Medical insurance
- Birth certificate
- Identity proof (Aadhar card, Pan card)
Why Study MBBS in Davao Medical School Foundation
- Davao Medical School Foundation has secured the 6th place in the education sector in Philippines
- The College owns a total of 4 hospitals in the Philippines. This helps the students with a lot of exposure with medical Practice
- All the lecturers and the professors use English as a language medium for communication. This helps our Indian students to understand the concepts very well.
- The Curriculum in the college is mostly research based. This helps the students to understand the concepts very well.
- More than 400+ Students are currently studying their MD courses in this college.
- Davao city receives the awards of “Best of the Liveable Cities in the Philippines” by the Department of Tourism.
- A US based medical curriculum is followed in the College. This helps the students to cope up with the concepts very well without any doubts.
The academic programs of Davao Medical School Foundation aims to develop the students with the knowledge, skills and potential that combine advanced work in the specific academic fields with courses in medical and dental, nursing and midwifery areas, thereby equipping students for professional employment in a variety of both private and public sector fields. This is inline with the DMSF’s objective of forming an integral man through educational enrichment guided by the Catholic faith.
- History of Medicine
- Preventive and Communicative
These are some of the topics which will be covered in the first year syllabus.
- General and Clinical Pathology
- Neuroscience 2
In the second year, these are the syllabus which will be covered.
- Internal Medicine
- Legal Medicine
- Advanced Pathology
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
These are the syllabus for the third year.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
This is the most important and the final year of the curriculum.
PRE – MEDICINE & DOCTOR OF MEDICINE
- DMSF Hospital
- DAVAO Doctors Hospital
- SAN PEDRO Hospital
- Southern Philippines Medical Center
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
For Indian Students
What is the overall tuition fee to study in Davao Medical School Foundation?
The overall tuition fees could be around 30 lakhs. This data is based on previous academic year, There might be variations in the fee structures.
What is the language of lecture in this college?
English is the mode of lecture in this college and this college follows US based curriculum.
How many affiliated hospitals does this university have?
There are around four affiliated hospitals for students to practice their medical clerkship.
Are there any Indian students studying in Davao Medical College?
Yes, there are many Indian students studying in this university.
NEET 2021 results and topper list were released by the NTA on November 1, 2021. Candidates who have attended their NEET exam on September 12, 2021 can now check their results on the official website ntaneet.nic.in. NEET 2021 exam was held for students seeking...
NEET cut off mark is the limit above which you are eligible to get a medical seat in India. This blog is just a comparison of the past 3 year NEET cut off marks. Usually NEET cutoff can be found on the scorecard of the candidate. The cut off marks will be different...
Getting a medical degree from a country like the USA is a great privilege to any Indian student. But most of our Indian population couldn't afford a budget that big to send their kids to study MBBS in the USA. Studying MBBS in a country like the USA could cost a...