Many Indian students and their parents have this common doubt about the eligibility in NEET to study MBBS in abroad countries. In this blog, we will clearly see about the conditions for Indian medical students to study MBBS in abroad countries and the NEET eligibility requirements.
What is NEET ?
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a scale which sets the standards for Indian students to get a medical seat in Indian medical colleges. This test is conducted by a government organization called the NTA (National Testing Agency).
Every year more than 15 lakh students attend the NEET to get a seat in Indian medical college. In that 7 lakhs students get a MBBS seat in India. Seats are distributed based on merit and category basis.
NEET for Students Willing to Study in Abroad Countries.
In 2019, the MCI issued a statement that it is mandatory for all the students who want to study MBBS in India or MBBS in abroad countries to get the eligible marks in NEET to proceed with the medical education. NEET is considered mandatory in all terms to study MBBS degree if you want to practise medicine in India.
Eligibility to Apply for Medicine in Foreign Countries.
Different countries have different eligibility requirements. Below we will see the basic requirements which are required for almost all the abroad countries to study MBBS.
- There is no upper age limit for applying for MBBS in abroad countries. But the student must have completed 17 years of age in the year in which they are applying to study MBBS in abroad country.
- The students must have completed their 10th and the +2 from a state or central recognised education medium.
- The student must have scored a minimum of 50% of marks in the 10th and +2 exams and must have studied English as a subject.
- The candidate would also be required to submit a medical certificate at the time of admission stating that the applicant is not suffering from any contagious diseases.
- Students must have scored eligible marks in the NEET exams.
Admission process for studying MBBS in abroad Countries.
If the student has all the above eligibility, they can continue the admission process to study MBBS or medicine in the country they like.
- Choose a country and select the best university in the country which provides good medical infrastructure and education.
- Some countries will have their own eligibility exam. Some countries ask the candidates to learn their native language before giving an admission.
- Fill out the online application form of the university with all your details and avoid any errors or mistakes while providing your particulars.
- The students will then be asked to provide scanned copies of the essential documents.
- Initial fee must be paid before joining. Different colleges will have different fee structures and rules.
- Wait for the admission letter from the college after submitting the documents and the fees.
- Passport and the admission letter must be sent to the respected countries embassy in order to initiate the visa processing
- After the approval of the visa the student can make the travel arrangements to pursue their education abroad.
I hope this blog world has provided you with some basic requirements about the NEET and if NEET is required to study MBBS in abroad countries. Please share your views in the comments section.