UV Gullas College of Medicine
Established in 1977 with a Great Vision
UV Gullas College of Medicine was established in 1977. The Visayan institute was founded by the late Don Vicente Gullas in 1919 in Cebu City which later became the University of the Visayas in 1948. With the approval of the Ministry of Education, Culture, and Sports, it was then established in 1977 with the name UV Gullas College of Medicine.
The UV Gullas College of Medicine has an excellent atmosphere for learning and medical practice.
UV Gullas College of Medicine, Philippines, aims to transform society through medicine. We strongly believe that we play a crucial role in metamorphosis by imparting excellence through medical education programs. These are designed to deploy next-gen clinicians and specialists who will be exemplary role models in their own right.
While fostering high integrity, our outputs involve honesty, accountability, trustworthiness, and technical inquisitiveness. With intrinsic planning and organization, we aspire to ingrain excellence in every student to provide effective, innovative, responsive and timely solutions.
UV Gullas College of Medicine, Philippines, is committed to a more practical-based hands-on approach to Medical education which increases the chances of success for our students in both higher education & medical practice.
Fee structure based on previous academic year it may vary based on the administrations decision.
- Students must clear their +2 exam with more than 50% of marks. The student must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Biology.
- For reserved category students the marks criteria of 10+2 is 40%.
- Students must have cleared NEET with Minimum Marks.
- The NEET qualifying marks will be published by the NTA every year.
- The student must have completed 17 years of age.
- 10th standard Marksheet
- 12th standard Marksheet
- Passport size photographs (at 10)
- Admission Letter
- Student Visa
- Covid-19 test report
- HIV test report
- Medical insurance
- Birth certificate
- Identity proof (Aadhar card, Pan card)
Advantages of studying in UV Gullas College of Medicine
- The best thing about studying MBBS at UV Gullas College of Medicine, Philippines, is that you don’t have to learn a new language. All the classes will be in English and 99% of the population of the Philippines speak English.
- American education system with hands-on clinical practice.
- UV Gullas College of Medicine tuition fee is the most affordable and 75% less fee than Indian Private Medical Colleges.
- Easily accessible from India with daily flights to the Philippines.
- Indian Food Available – Vegetarian, Non-Vegetarian and even Jain food provided in the UV Gullas canteen within the UV Gullas College of Medicine Hostel, as per the requirement of the student.
- Well-established platform for PLAB, USMLE & FMGE.
- Dedicated International Students Office for special assistance & counseling is available at UV Gullas College of Medicine.
- No Language Barrier, since English is the medium of instruction & 99% of people in the Philippines speak English.
- Same Climatic conditions as India – namely Temperate, ensuring that the disease patterns learned in the Philippines and their treatment is the same as the home country. This helps our MBBS students to complete the course and start practicing in the home country almost immediately.
- 1400+ Indian students are already studying at UV Gullas College of Medicine Campus.
- History of Medicine
- Preventive and Communicative
These are some of the topics which will be covered in the first year syllabus.
- General and Clinical Pathology
- Neuroscience 2
In the second year, these are the syllabus which will be covered.
- Internal Medicine
- Legal Medicine
- Advanced Pathology
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
These are the syllabus for the third year.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
This is the most important and the final year of the curriculum.
PRE – MEDICINE & DOCTOR OF MEDICINE
- Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Centre
- Chong Hua Medical Centre
- Perpetual Succour Hospital
- CDU Hospital
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
For Indian Students
What is the overall tuition fee to study in UV Gullas College of Medicine?
The overall tuition fees could be around 17 lakhs. This data is based on previous academic year, There might be variations in the fee structures.
Does the college has good educational infrastructures?
Yes, the campus has a huge library with all medical related journals and books. It is one of the college with a good educational infrastructure facilitiy in the Philippines.
How many affiliated hospitals does this university have?
There are around four affiliated hospitals for students to practice their medical clerkship.
Are there any Indian students studying in UV Gullas College of Medicine?
Yes, there are many Indian students studying in this university.
NMC Allows Students From Ukraine Universities To Complete Medical Education In Other Countries
NMC has finally given good news to the students who returned from Ukraine due to war circumstances. The National Medical Commission (NMC) has agreed to recognize the academic mobility program offered by Ukraine. This program allows students to complete the rest of the...
Which Country is Best for Studying MBBS
Choosing a country to study MBBS is a hard task. It is our job to list out the countries with minimal disadvantages and pursue our medical education in that country. Usually almost all the countries which offer medical education to the students have some...
Documents Required for Student Visa Application to Study MBBS Abroad
Visa is considered as one of the important documents required to get into a country officially. Nowadays consultancies play a major role in getting a visa for the students. A good consultancy will have a dedicated team for visa processing. Students can't get into the...