Choosing a country to study MBBS is a hard task. It is our job to list out the countries with minimal disadvantages and pursue our medical education in that country. Usually almost all the countries which offer medical education to the students have some disadvantages. In this blog let us look at some of the aspects which make these countries the best.
Top Countries Chosen by Indian Students
- The Philippines
- The UK
- The USA
There are many factors we need to consider in each and every country in order to get a clear view. Let us look at some of the factors that every student must consider before getting an admission.
- Low tuition fees
- Higher FMGE pass percentage
- Language of academic Instruction
- Quality of education
When comparing these factors between every country we can find the best country that will suit your medical educational needs.
Low Tuition Fees
Many students choose to study MBBS abroad because of the quality education they get with the low tuition fee. Many countries abroad provide great medical education with overall fees lower than Indian private medical colleges.
- The Philippines : It will cost a student an average of about 25 lakhs to pay their tuition fees to study in the Philippines.
- China : 14 – 25 Lakhs is the range of the tuition fee a student must pay in order to complete their MBBS in China
- Russia : 15 Lakhs- 50 Lakhs is the amount of money required to complete MBBS in Russia
- Ukraine : It might cost a student from 25 lakhs to 30 lakhs in tuition fees if they want to study MBBS in Ukraine
- The UK : MBBS in the UK will cost you more than 30-50 lakh rupees.
- The USA : MBBS in the USA will cost more than 1 crore.
- Nepal : Medical colleges in the Nepal charges up to 50 – 60 lakhs in tuition fees
- Kyrgyzstan : MBBS in Kyrgyzstan cost up to 15-20 lakhs.
- Bangladesh : MBBS in Bangladesh cost up to 15-20 lakhs.
- Germany : There are no tuition fees in Germany. Due to the high competition this country is really hard to get in.
Higher FMGE pass percentage
- The Philippines : The Philippines is the only country in the world which has the highest number of FMGE passed graduates in the world.
- China : Even though China has a lot of Indian medical graduates, the percentage of FMGE students is not that much when compared with other countries abroad.
- Russia : Russia also has a huge amount of Indian medical graduate population but the FMGE passed graduate percentages is very low
- Ukraine : Ukraine has a very low FMGE pass percentage. This is due to poor quality of education and less exposure to medical practice during their final years of education.
- The UK : Most of the Indian medical graduates from the UK will choose to practice medicine in the UK. Due to its similarities with the Indian curriculum most of the graduates clear the FMGE.
- The USA : Just like the UK, the students studying medicine in the USA will prefer to continue their medical practice in the USA.
- Nepal : There is a moderate amount of students who clear FMGE after graduating from the country.
- Bangladesh :Bangladesh has an average number of FMGE cleared graduates.
- Germany : Students completing medicine in Germany will prefer to practice medicine in Germany
Language of academic Instruction
- The Philippines : The mode of academic Instruction in the Philippines is in English. The Philippines was one of the American colonies, this is also one of the reasons for the world class medical education provided.
- China : It is mandatory for the students to learn Chinese to serve their clinical clerkship.
- Russia : In Russia it is mandatory to learn Russian before getting admission. Students who choose Russia to study MBBS will spend one year learning the language of the country.
- Ukraine : The mode of academic instruction in the country is mostly English. But, it is advisable for the students to learn the local language.
- The UK : The mode of academic instruction in the country is English.
- The USA : The mode of academic instruction in the country is English.
- Nepal : In Nepal the academic curriculum will be explained in English
- Kyrgyzstan : English is the mode of academic Instruction
- Bangladesh : Mode of academic instructions will be in English
- Germany : In Germany there are colleges which teach medicine in English. Learning German would be an added advantage during your final year clinical trials.
Quality of education
Quality of education depends on the educational Institutions you choose. Almost every country will have their best educational institution. It is our duty to find the best educational institution to get into with the help of research.
I hope this blog gives you some insight on which country is the best for studying MBBS. To know more about medical education abroad, spend some time on our blog pages.